Happy New Year!!!
Why, it seems like only yesterday I was celebrating this joyous occasion with my friends and –
What’s that? It was over two months ago?
Well. Better late than never, right?
At least the WordPress.com stats helper monkeys weren’t late when they prepared a 2011 annual report for this blog, similar to the one they put together last year. Only this year’s version comes with lag-inducing graphics.
Those same lag-inducing graphics make it slightly harder to pull into a fully commented blog post. But fear not, for I have
carefully transcribed copy/pasted the text information over here so I can write snarky comments.
If you’d like to see the dazzling webpage in all its glory, just click here to see the complete report.
If you’d prefer the transcription (with my comments, in dark red), then read on!
Me, Myself… And All Of Them
2011 in blogging
There are lag inducing fireworks for each day I wrote a post. I don’t know if they loop — I went and read the rest of the report instead. If you have the patience to watch, feel free to let me know. :D
Happy New Year from WordPress.com! And a very Happy (belated) New Year right back atcha, WordPress.com!
To kick off the new year, we’d like to share with you data on your blog’s activity in 2011. You may start scrolling! If I can through the fireworks lag. Does all this lag mean I need a new computer? I think it does.
Crunchy numbers (Om nom nom nom…)
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 11,000 times in 2011. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 4 sold-out performances for that many people to see it. That’s a pretty solid number there. But doesn’t it sound even more impressive when you use last year’s comparison? A Boeing 747-400 passenger jet can hold 416 passengers, which means 11,000 people would fill 26.44 jets! Or, if you gathered the lifetime production of saliva from 11,000 people, it would fill about 104 Olympic swimming pools! (Thanks again, Weird Converter!)
In 2011, there were 62 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 103 posts. There were 245 pictures uploaded, taking up a total of 246mb. That’s about 5 pictures per week. I have a tendency to upload images first,
ask questions put them into posts later.
The busiest day of the year was April 27th with 190 views. The most popular post that day was My Guild Still Doesn’t Understand Me.
This section had four images in it. I assume these images were from some of my most popular posts.
The largest image was this one, from the ‘most popular post':
Followed by three smaller images also from popular posts.
The first one is related to Xena searchers, as it was when I was introducing Xena the cat, even if her picture wasn’t pulled:
The next are people, who like me, were looking for some Thor fanservice:
(Speaking of, I can’t wait for The Avengers to come out. I hope it’s good!)
And lastly, my perennial popular post contains this most awesome picture:
Someday I’ll find out who this Blood person is so I can ask gush about their awesome art!
How did they find you?
The top referring sites in 2011 were:
- twitter.com Thanks for reading, Twitter Friends (and spam bots!)
- daily-quests.com I drew Fyreuni for last year’s Secret Santa Art Trade and she posted it on her site. I think some of her readers stopped by to visit. :3
- spiritbond.blogspot.com Thanks for putting me on your blog roll!
- wordpress.com Whoo, wordpress works its magic!
- Google Reader Thanks for reading through the magic of Google Reader (now with new privacy policies)!
Some visitors came searching, mostly for xena, unamused, xena warrior princess, unamused face, and texas hash. I’m getting steady traffic from people looking for these images. In fact, I had a huge traffic spike after Lucy Lawless was arrested… Keep it up, Google Searchers — you boost my ego!
Where did they come from?
Most visitors came from The United States. The United Kingdom & Canada were not far behind.
And here are the detailed stats that I am helpfully writing out instead of making you mouse over, going from largest to smallest person-thing. Unfortunately, they don’t provide the overall percentage for each region.
- The United States 82.9%
- Canada 13.2%
- Mexico 2.2%
- Honduras 0.2%
- Puerto Rico 0.2%
- The United Kingdom 23.6%
- Italy 8.3%
- Netherlands 8.2%
- Germany 6.3%
- France 4.7%
- Australia 86.4%
- New Zealand 13.2%
(I guess there are only two places in Oceania that viewed the site. >_>)
- Brazil 65.4%
- Columbia 11.0%
- Argentina 9.6%
- Chile 7.0%
- Peru 1.5%
- Philippines 15.5%
- Indonesia 13.4%
- India 12.5%
- Malaysia 7.8%
- Israel 6.9%
- Egypt 55.6%
- South Africa 29.6%
- Algeria 5.6%
- Sudan 3.7%
- Ghana 1.9%
Whoo! Fun stats, eh?
Who were they?
Your most commented on post in 2011 was The Return of the Link Round Up! Best way to get lots of comments on a post: Link other people and respond to all comments. That way the count doubles! XD
These were your 5 most active commenters:
- 1 TheIdiotSpeaketh 5 comments WoW bloggers may not be familiar with this gentleman, but he writes one of the most hilarious/interesting blogs in the world! I encourage you to check it out!
- 2 Faeldray 5 comments Writer of Petoholics Anonymous, she is filled with much awesomeness.
- 3 Cynwise 3 comments If you don’t know who Cynwise is, I… I don’t know what to say. Besides telling you to follow
herhim on twitter and read all his blogs immediately!
- 4 Jasyla 3 comments Jasyla cannot be tamed! No really, that’s her blog. Go check it out. :3
- 5 kamaliaetalia 2 comments She’s a Shaman, just like me! Go read her blog too!
Perhaps you could follow their blog or send them a thank you note? Or I’ll just thank them here. So thank you all for commenting. And YOU all should check out their blogs, posthaste! They all are super awesome!
Attractions in 2011
These are the posts that got the most views in 2011. You can see all of the year’s most-viewed posts in your Site Stats.
- 1 My Guild Still Doesn’t Understand Me 2 comments April 2011 Thank you google image search, for the many views!
- 2 Kitty! 7 comments July 2011 Cute kitties named Xena always pull in the high views. *eyebrow waggle*
- 3 Thoughts on Thor 2 comments May 2011 Sexy men always pull in the high views. *eyebrow waggle*
- 4 A Picture Tells A Thousand Words (A Shared Topic Post) 6 comments July 2010 Awesome art always… okay, you get the picture.
- 5 Texas Hash – Not What You Think It Is 1 comment April 2011 I think the title of this post speaks for itself.
Some of your most popular posts were written before 2011. Your writing has staying power! Consider writing about those topics again. What was that WordPress? You think I should put in more google image search pictures to attract more google image searchers? CAN DO.
The main report page goes on for a little while longer, but it’s mostly WordPress telling you to keep blogging and the like. All in all, it wasn’t a bad year. Hopefully this year will be just as good, if not better. After all, I’m off to a great start…