I’ve recently started to level my low-level toons again. And by ‘level’ I mean ‘get their bags and professions in order and then maaaybe think about leveling them’. Poor low-level toons.
Anyway, here’s a list of some random thoughts I’ve had on the matter
- Turns out a lot of the herbs you can gather for leveling Herbalism are not very useful for leveling Alchemy.
- I’ve concluded that there is no Goldthorn. It is merely a myth. The extremely high-priced “Goldthorn”s on the Auction House are fakes, and there is no way to level your Alchemy past 200 because of all the so-called “Goldthorn” that’s required.
- Dinging your toon while grabbing herbs is pretty cool.
- Tauren are super super cheap while gathering herbs now. I’m really glad my Tauren Druid gathers herbs, because it will be way cheaper later on when she’s a bird.
- I’m able to farm in a zone for 1, maybe 2 passes before I become bored and see if I can make anything with what I’ve gathered (answer: No, I can’t. No Goldthorn).
- When I start to level a toon I haven’t touched in awhile, I tend to do these things first:
- Rearrange the spell bar (only if it looks ‘weird’ to me. This involves me actually remembering what the icons are, which is not always the case).
- Clean out the bags by getting rid of junk and reorganize where everything is in the bags.
- Check if the bank needs to be organized too.
- Figure out if I should level up my professions some more and then attempt to do so.
- After I complete all those steps, I usually stop playing and don’t level them. ENDLESS CYCLE!
- A lot of stuff I saved in the past is total not worth it now (Lvl 12 Healing Potions on my level 40 toon? That will help.) Sure clears up a lot of bag space.
- I wrote down a list of all the pets I want Mamouska, my second hunter, to collect (my resource being Petopia). I’m having her pick up winged pets. Naming theme is the NATO phonetic alphabet.
- Hopefully I can keep the list down to 26 pets; otherwise I’d have a pick a new theme! Horrors!
- I took Mamouska out to Stonetalon to go get a Ghostly Green Owl (the Emerald Spirit). I always wanted a Green Owl ever since they came out in Wrath, and a ghost one can only be better.
- I’m still going to get the Green Owl though, once Mamouska is high enough in level.
- You can buy limited quantities of Volatile Rum in the Thousand Needles Inn. Time for more Goblin Rocket Fuel!
- It’s weird taking a mid-level toon into these new Cataclysm quest zones. Things are familiar… and yet they aren’t. I guess it depends on the zone.