Last weekend, I dragged The SA to the movie Thor with me, now in a theater near you. We thought it was pretty good. If you’re into superhero type movies and other action flicks, I’d advise you to go see it.
Below, for your reading pleasure, is a list of random thoughts about the movie (as I am not accustomed to writing movie reviews). Don’t worry, it’s mostly spoiler-free.
- The beginning of the movie was a tad slow and/or boring. Don’t worry, it gets better.
- There is a surprising amount of humor. Well, maybe the amount isn’t too large, but it had a tendency to sneak up in scenes when you weren’t quite expecting it. And when it does, it is pretty darn funny.
- More interesting, a fair amount of the humor is slapstick based, especially near the start.
- Holy character development, batman! There was a lot of it, in a lot of characters, and it was good.
- I especially enjoyed the fact that Thor’s companions got to enjoy a fair amount of screentime. When the story moved from one world to another, I thought we were done with them, but I was wrong.
- I also liked how the romance wasn’t the complete driving force behind the character development, and I also liked how she (i.e. the romantic interest) wasn’t just a lame damsel in distress.
- There seemed there was more behind the story that they couldn’t fit in. Yey for rich backgrounds!
- Also, I really liked the gatekeeper. He was cool. :3
If you do go, make sure you stay through the credits. Not only are there pretty graphics, there is also a small “DUN DUN DUN” scene at the end.
And if my random rambling haven’t convince you to go, the sweet, sweet fanservice should.
And it’s waaaay better in person too.
So — I recommend seeing the movie Thor. If you go see it (or if you already have seen it), let me know what you think (thought) in the comments!