I’ve a conundrum, dearest Reader. Is round up supposed to be one word, or two? As you can tell, I’ve settled on two words, but The Internet seems to think it can go either way. Which way do you prefer?
This week, in a shocking turn of events, I’ve divided the list of links into three categories, as I found quite a few of them since my last link round up post. (Maybe that isn’t too shocking). First there is General WoW News, followed by Shaman and Healing, because Shaman and Healing go together like Peanut Butter and Brown Sugar (seriously — try it. You’ll love it, especially if you like sugar. And peanut butter). Lastly, there’s news from In The Blogging World. Those are items that are more related to the blogging community than WoW itself.
One or more of these categories may have been a little ‘forced’ in order to split up the links. >.>
And in case you haven’t heard from every healing blog in town (especially those owned by Druids and Shaman), there is an important blue post mentioning something about a ‘shaman healing buff’ and ‘awareness of need for life-saving cooldowns for Druids and Shaman’. I’m sure it’s old news by now, but I thought I’d bring it up, just in case you only read my blog. <snerk>
What, you want me to link to something? What do you think this is, a post for linking to things? No, no, there were far too many places talking about this, I simply cannot be bothered to find each and every one of those links.
Now onto the links I did bother with!
General WoW News
- Disciplinary Action wrote a post on how you can haz WoW on your iPad (at home). I might try it out someday when I have a reason to use something smaller than my desktop/Alienware laptop.
- A Hasty Experiment by Beruthiel at Falling Leaves and Wings talks about Dark Intent (mm, haste), which apparently should not go to Resto Druids. It’s a very informative post, especially for Warlocks and Druids.
Beru also talks about CC, tanking, and why they won’t tank anymore. I haven’t had any major CC debacle happen to me before, but I haven’t been tanking. The situation described, however, seems like it would be very common. (As for me, I’m usually not called upon to CC since I’m healing. But if I’m told to hex something, I’m on it! As long as you keep reminding me — paying attention to marks is not my forté).
- I Like Bubbles talks about the BWD Elevator Boss. A boss that is so threatening, it’s kill count will soon be recorded. Even Ratshag has noted the deadliness of this boss. Twice.
- Need to keep up with the latest hairstyling trends? You’re in luck! Kamalia wrote an excellent Barbershop guide (for the ladies). Just click through the ten posts to see screenshots of all the different hair styles and hair colors — it’s very impressive! Thanks to the MMO Melting Pot for pointing out this gem!
Shaman and Healing
- Shaman’s Chain Heal is apparently better with mastery than previously thought. Discovered by EJ forum goers (and what isn’t), both Totemic Grace and Totem Forest wrote up some posts on the matter. (Mastery, however, is still low on the Shaman’s stat totem-pole).
- Speaking of healing, Oestrus explains how the Mage talent Cauterize works, how it kills them (softly? with song? Nah, just FIRE), and what you (assuming you are a healer) can do to keep them from dying. I’d recommend reading it in case you group with a suicidal mage.
Back to more Shaman news! This one is from Kaelynn, at Shades of Kae, called The Essence of a Shaman. It’s a great lore-type post explaining all about Shaman; talking about the elements, races, and other things of Shaman goodness. I especially liked the mention of ‘The Wild’ spirit, which I assume is related to hockey.
In the Blogging World
- MMO Melting Pot occasionally spotlights blogs they recently found, as they did a little while back. There are quite a few good blogs in that post, but one that stands out in particular is Bigger Than Kologarn. The posts are hilarious! I especially liked the one where Varian has a plan.
- Did you know you can follow Magmaw on twitter? Glowberry knew — see their post on how you can follow everyone’s favorite* raid boss! (*Disclaimer: Magmaw may not be everyone’s favorite raid boss).
- Happy Blogoversary, Apple!
- Redhawk’s Gaze mentions ‘must read’ gaming webcomics. Webcomics? Must read? Yes please! I do enjoy me some webcomics — some of the gaming-related one I read are on links to the side!
But wait! There’s more! What kind of blogger would I be without blatant self-promotion? Here a link to my most recent post about the Orgrimmar Auctioneers and their dislike for a certain holiday. I’m rather proud of the post, especially since it takes a lot for me to stop being lazy and write some ‘real’ fiction, so go check it out!
Already read it? Click the link anyway! Not sure you want to read a long post? Sure you do — there’s chocolate!