Upon realizing I have not that much to say, and a lot of you folks do, I decided it’s time I start ’rounding up some links’, as it were. A common practice around the blogosphere, I know, but hopefully you’ll find a few new things to read (and if you don’t because you already read them, you can feel cool that we read the same things!)
My strategy for collecting these links is to dump them randomly into a post as I find them and, once there are enough, attempt to pretty them up with some words to make them fit for human consumption. We’ll see how well this goes, or if these posts will turn into some sort of Frankenstein link monstrosity.
And without further ado, here are the
cattle links this round up produced!
- A few bloggers chose to hang up their blogging hats last week. Two of my favorite blogs, Righteous Orbs and Through the Eyes of Death, have closed shop. Those links go to their farewell posts. I shall miss them both; Tam and Chas were a cornerstone of the WoW Blogging community, and Arren’s blog helped to introduce me into the wild world of WoW RP. Their writings will be missed.
- In case you don’t follow Auction House type blogs, I should have you know that The Undermine Journal is back online, as reported by nearly every single Auction House Blog (yes, those are all separate links — start clicking!). It’s worthy of the press, however. The Undermine Journal is a nifty tool that scans all of the US realms’ AH data and displays it in nifty charts charts and graphs. You can search for specific items or sellers. Even if you don’t play the AH, I would recommend checking it out. Even a casual buyer (or seller) could benefit looking at an item’s listing history.
- There’s been some interesting posts on Shaman, mostly from a Resto Shaman perspective. Totem Forest explains that certain design choices drag down our ability to heal. Totemic Grace brings up similar concerns when they discuss recent Shaman changes. And Live In Group 5 talks about how Shaman are the last vestiges of a utility class. All of these are good reads for Shaman.
- And what’s a Shaman without totems? Oh My Kurenai gives a list of totems and what buffs they overwrite/are overwritten by, to help the responsible Shaman drop the right totems for the right group. Check it out!
- Speaking of healing, here’s a nice healing pep talk from Healer Aggro: Healers: Never give up, Never surrender! The pictures really tie everything together.
- Joseph Ducreux Explains Eye of the Storm, by He Came From Shattrat. I believe the title is self-explanatory. (I hadn’t heard of this meme before, actually. You learn something new every day!)
While I’m talking about links, I’m pleased to inform you that I’m finally working on piecing together my blogroll. Once I’ve rebuilt it in Google Reader (don’t ask why I have to rebuild it), I’ll write a program to harvest the links in a nice list format to put on the blog. Sure, it will probably take me another few months or more to actually put the links on the blog, but I’m sure I’ll let you all know when it happens.
In the meantime, if you’d like to make sure your blog appears the blogroll (I’m quite sure I’ll miss some by accident), please leave a comment here or ask me on The Twitters. And then
soon you’ll see your blog on the blogroll! Magic!
Are there any links you’ve been fond of recently? Share the link love here at the Link Round Up!