Mishalom, Pally of the Pugs, is trying to get to the WoW level cap using only the LFD tool in WoW! This idea is based off of the original Pugging Pally, Vidyala!
My Pally of the Pugs had a few more runs a couple weeks ago. I jotted down some notes for this blog post that I will now expand upon (you see, my laziness keeps me from writing up PoP posts right after run when they’re fresh on my mind; instead, I write them weeks later, and them publish them weeks after that!)
The ‘random’ dungeon I got was, surprise surprise, RFC. The group consisted of a level 15 Druid tank, a Mage, a Hunter, a Rogue (a female dwarf one, from Argent Dawn, no less!), and of course, yours truly as a level 15 Paladin healer. I think the rogue might have been 15 or 16 as well, but it’s been so long I don’t remember.
The happy thing was that this group was amiable with each other enough to queue again. Or maybe it’s more the fact that no one had to leave at the end and the dps enjoyed an instant queue.
One thing that bothered me slightly (but apparently didn’t bother the tank), was that the mage always pulled first. Like 90% of the pulls were done by the mage. I would guess the other 10% were done by the hunter, who was encouraged by the mage to pull before the tank. Go go peer pressure. I guess they were impatient, especially because the tank was 15, and it’s pretty hard to tank stuff when you don’t have all of your key tanking skills yet. Like Swipe is a good thing to have when you have multiple mobs. So the poor druid tank was running this way and that trying to get more threat. I would have been very annoyed if I were tanking, but I guess the druid was fine with the situation. And, to the mage’s credit, they were very good at sheeping things. Most pulls were started with a sheep, in fact, and I bet it saved us on multiple occasions when we accidentally pulled more group than we should have. I was very impressed at their ‘mageing’ ability, but not at their ability to wait for the tank to charge in. Or rather, their lack of ability.
There were only really two other things that are of note during the runs we did. One was that the rogue commented that she kept thinking that I was an Orc (and one of the others agreed!) I denied that such a handsome Draenei as myself could ever be considered as an Orc! She said that everything looks different from her height, a sentiment I could agree on. Such small things, those Dwarves (I should know – I have quite a few of them!).
And second, Mishalom got to level 16 partway through the first run. Hooray!
Here are the stats after these runs. I accidentally forgot to record them after my next attempt; however, I did note the important things in the middle of the run, so it’s probably mostly correct.
Level: 16 (+1)
Deaths: 0 (+0)
Drinks Consumed: 26 (+6)
Dungeons Run: 4 (+2)
–RFC: 4 (+2)